Institute of American Studies, Georgian Association for American Studies and American Studies Student Scientific Group of Faculty of Humanities at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University is pleased to announce the 8th student scientific conference which will be held on April 29, 2023. The conference is dedicated to the memory of Professor Temur Kobakhidze.
Topics not limited: history, politics, foreign relations, culture, education, philosophy, women studies, etc.
- Paper should have one author;
- Working language for the conference is Georgian or English;
- BA and MA students with different academic disciplines are welcome to take part in the conference from accredited Georgian universities.
Deadline for submission the documents – March 16, 2023, 11:00 PM.
Opening of the conference – April 29, 2023, 11:00 AM.
To apply, please send the following documents:
- Microsoft Word document with the following information: full name of the paper, full name of the author, current institutional affiliation (title of the file with the following order: Registration form - first name, last name of the author);
- Abstract of the paper (200-250 words): Microsoft Word document, font – Times New Roman, font size – 12, line spacing – 1.5 (title of the file with the following order: Abstract - first name, last name of the author);
- Paper (5-6 pages): Microsoft Word document, font – Times New Roman, font size – 12, line spacing – 1.5, citation style – Chicago (title of the file with the following order: Paper - first name, last name of the author);
- Reference letter from the scientific supervisor on the paper (title of the file with the following order: Reference letter – first name, last name of the author);
- Paper will not be accepted without the reference letter from the scientific supervisor;
- Papers that do not correspond to the topics will not be accepted;
- Also, late submitted papers will not be accepted;
- If the author does not send a full text of the report, he/she will not be allowed at the conference;
- If a speaker can not attend the conference, he/she must notify the Organizing Committee no later than April 20th, 2023, so that changes can be made to the conference program.
Documents should be sent to the following E-mail - email@example.com
The authors of the selected reports will be notified via e-mail by March 23, 2023 until 11:00 PM. After receiving a positive response, the authors must send the full text of the report by March 31, 2023, until 11:00 PM (5-6 pages, Microsoft Word document, font size 12, line spacing - 1.5, font – Times New Roman, Chicago style citation, the list of used literature should be in alphabetical order).