- Home Page
- About us
- Internal Quality Assurance
- External Quality Assurance
- Professional Development
- Ongoing and Completed Projects
- Strengthening the QUAlity and RElevance of the 3rd mission in Georgian Universities (Erasmus+ SQUARE)
- The Quality Assurance Thematic Group
- International Cooperation
- Quantitative Indicators
- Vocational Center
Academic Integrity for Quality Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Institutions in Georgia (INTEGRITY)
At TSU, the Quality Assurance Office coordinates one of the projects of the Erasmus Institutional Development Program - "Academic Integrity for Quality Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Institutions in Georgia (INTEGRITY)”. The project has been implemented since 2017 to 2020 and four foreign and eleven Georgian universities are participating in it. The core objective of the project is to enhance the quality of teaching and learning processes that are based on the principles of academic integrity, supported by policies, mechanisms and tools that help prevent and detect cases of plagiarism in higher education institutions in Georgia.
More specifically, the project serves the following 6 purposes:
- To introduce Plagiarism Detection & Prevention/feedback instrument in Georgian universities, i.e. Turnitin Feedback Studio electronic program and integration into the existing Learning Management System (LMS) Moodle system (Turnitin+Moodle);
- To Design & Launch Coherent and Consistent PR Campaign of Plagiarism Awareness in Georgian HEIs targeting both students and faculty/teaching staff;
- To Develop and Deliver Faculty/teaching Staff Training Modules in the area of Effective Assessment, Teaching, and Learning;
- To Develop &Enhance Student Services to Boost their Academic Skills for Academic Integrity;
- To Review Academic Writing Curriculum at all 3 levels of Studies against standards and requirements established for written academic communication;
- To Develop University Policies and Resources in order to help design a framework of policies and regulations that are conducive to quality teaching and learning processes based on the principles of academic integrity.
Based on the above purposes, targeted trainings for students and academic staff were conducted under the project in 2017-2020, appropriate PR campaign and academic integrity policy were developed, academic writing syllabi were improved and “Turnitin” software was introduced in LMS and Moodle (Moodle + Turnitin) systems.
Project Coordinator: Ilia State University.
Project EU Partners:
- University Of Roehampton (Uk)
- University Of Uppsala (Sweden)
- University Of Viena (Austria)
- Dublin City University (Ireland).
Georgian Partner HEIs:
- Ilia State University
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- Iakob Gogebashvili Telavi State University
- David Aghmashenebeli National Defence Academy Of Georgia
- Shota Meskhia State Teaching University Of Zugdidi
- Samtskhe-Javakheti State University
- Akaki Tsereteli State University
- Caucasus University
- Bank Of Georgia Teaching University Ltd
- David Tvildiani Medical University.
Government & Associate Partner:
- Ministry Of Education And Science Of Georgia (Structural Measure Key Partner)
- National Center For Educational Quality Enhancement (Associate Partner).